[wingide-users] Module loading problem

Alan Harris-Reid aharrisreid at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 10 20:30:19 MST 2010

Hi,

Using  Wing IDE (3.2 personal) debugger with Python 3.1, I am trying to
run the following code...

import constants
var = constants.testvar

and I get the following error...
builtins.AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'testvar'

The variable testvar definitely exists in my constants.py module.

I notice there is a file constants.pyc in
C:\Program Files\Wing IDE Personal 3.2\bin\3.1\src\debug\tserver\.
Could this be preventing my constants file from loading?  I ask because
when I change the name of my constants file (eg. to const.py) the code
runs without error.  If this is the cause of the problem, how can I fix
things so I can call my module constants.py?

TIA
Alan