[wingide-users] Wing & TurboGears 2

Eric Earnst eric at earnst.com
Fri Jan 8 00:14:15 MST 2010

Hi,
Unfortunately the instructions on how to debug TurboGears 2 with Wing
have parts that are going over my head (this is the most complicated
thing I have tried with Python).  I'm using Python 2.5.4, Windows 7 64
bit, Wing Pro 3.2.3-1.

First problem
*  Go into the Turbogears instance directory wingtest and run Wing

What directory is the "instance" directory?  First, I normally just
start Wing from a shortcut, does "Go into the Turbogears instance..."
apply in Windows?  I am using virtualenv so my structure is:
tg2env\wingtest; is the instance directory tg2env, tg2env\wingtest or?

*  Add your instance directory to the project and save it as
wingtest.wpr There is no need to add all of Turbogears to the project;
just the instance should suffice.

Assume this will be answered in the first question?  "Add existing
directory..." option

*  Add also the paster to your project. Then open it and and set it as
main debug file from the Debug menu

paster or paster.exe?

At this point it looks like I can follow along.

Thanks for the help,
Eric