[wingide-users] feature request - enhance justify command

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Jan 7 20:14:42 MST 2010

Jonathan March wrote:
> It would be useful to be able to justify only selected lines, also to
> justify text where the first line has a different indent level than
> subsequent lines, without disturbing that pattern. Also to recognize
> the limits of such a justification, and not disturb prior and
> following sections. So given this:
> '''
> * line 1
> * line 2 x x x x x x
>     x x x x x x x x
>     x x x x x x x x
> * line 3
> '''
> if line 2 and the 'x' lines were selected, the justify command would
> not affect  lines 1 and 3, and would justify the selected lines to
> something like:
> * line 2 x x x x x x x x x x x x
>     x x x x x x x x x x
>
> Thanks for considering this!

Are you asking for this in Python code or non-Python files? I think it
already works like this in non-Python files. In Python files it is
looking at which logical lines of Python the physical lines belong to it
should not mix up separate logical lines.

Oh, I see it does mess this up if you are working within a doc string or
triple quoted strings in Python code. Is that the case you're asking about?