[wingide-users] performing external actions when restarting debugger

Mitchell L Model MLMConsulting at Comcast.net
Thu Jan 7 09:40:10 MST 2010

I am using PyQt with Qt Designer. Every time I save from Qt Designer I
have to go to a terminal window (or the equivalent in Wing) and
execute a command to translate the Designer file into a Python file,
and I invariably forget. Is there some kind of minimal "make" like
hook that allows specifying command-line commands to be run
automatically every time debugging starts? I can take care of the
details of checking file dates, performing the correct actions, etc.,
once I can get into a script -- all I need is a hook to attach the
script to a project. If there isn't one from the Wing UI are there API
calls that might be useful for scripting something like this?