[wingide-users] Dropped Feature: 2 types of comments support

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jan 6 08:46:50 MST 2010

Dennis Fogg wrote:
> I recently upgraded to wing-personal 3.2.3-1 and found a useful
> comment feature was dropped:
>
> There are 2 types of comments
>
>    1. single # in green
>    2. double ## in faded grey (good when you don't want to see the
>       text anymore)
>
> cntl-/ used to comment to # on the first key press and then go to ##
> on the 2nd key press.
> Now, that does not happen.
> I tried both "Block comment style" settings.
> How do I get ## now??    It's very useful.   bug.
> If I do it manually, the color coding still works.

This was an unintended API change in Wing IDE 3.2.3. Version 3.2.4 will
restore the original behavior. Unfortunately there is no workaround for
this in Wing IDE Personal, other than downgrading to version 3.2.2. In
Wing IDE Professional, a workaround would be to bind a key to the
comment-block-toggle command. This can be done in the Keyboard/Custom
Key Bindings preference.  While this also does not work the same way as
it did in winning 3.2.2, it is a way to get ## commented blocks.

-