[wingide-users] ctypes on windows - windll is not defined

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Feb 25 15:48:40 MST 2010

On 2/25/10 5:23 PM, Marius wrote:
> Yes, thanks. But it wasn't the issue. It seems Wing's interpreter really
> "spawn" with a different set of environment variables or it doesn't need
> a proper PYTHONPATH on Windows. I had a PYTHONPATH referencing into
> Python2.5\Lib\site-packages. After deletion Wing scraped through ctypes
> and now it can successfully import ctypes.

The python path can be set in the project properties, though from your
description I don't know what your issue was.

> So for the record: don't set a Pythonpath on Windows ;).

Setting the PYTHONPATH on Windows does work in Wing and on Windows.
There are times when it must be set for things to work.  In your case,
it may be that the PYTHONPATH was set incorrectly and you saw the
problem in Wing or it may be something else.

I'm glad you got things working.

Cheers,