[wingide-users] pi files

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Feb 17 17:59:03 MST 2010

On 2/17/10 2:12 PM, Brooks, Doug wrote:
> Did you ever get maya.cmds to autocomplete with wing?
>
> I have OpenMaya and the rest of the api modules working well with pi
> files but I still can’t get maya.cmds to show. The definition keeps
> pointing to

I have it working with Wing IDE 3.2.4 and Maya 2010, but haven't tested
with Maya 2008.  The .pi file should be located at maya\cmds.pi in the
pi-files directory.

I also put together a script to generate .pi files for all modules found
in Maya 2010 and put a copy at
http://wiki.wingware.com/GenerateMayaPiFiles  The script needs to run
outside of Wing with Maya's standalone python interpreter --
bin\mayapy.exe in the Maya install directory.

If it still doesn't work for you, please send the dir of files in your
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2008\Python\lib\site-packages\maya\cmds to
support at wingware.com

Cheers,