[wingide-users] RE: help req:online debugging

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Feb 17 13:39:55 MST 2010

On 2/17/10 1:50 PM, nadia raj wrote:
> i wanted to ask that to execute a .py file i do the following
> sudo python bench.py -f 25M
> now, 25M is the frequency being assigned via parser option in python.
> Now i want to execute the bench.py in wingide using above line and also
> want line by line execution+debugging. How can i achieve it??

You can start debugging bench.py and set the run arguments to "-f 25M".
  The won't run python as root, however, which might be a good thing (I
subscribe to the school of thought that almost nothing should be run as
root).  If you do need to run python as root, then you can use
externally launched debugging as described in the Wing IDE manual.

Cheers,