[wingide-users] Question about error

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Feb 16 08:00:48 MST 2010

Linos wrote:
> Hello,
>     i have noticed that any times when i change outside of Wing files
> that are in the project (i dont have this files open) i get this error
> any times and wing exits. I get many times where i am compiling qt .ui
> files with pyuic4.
>
> python: xcb_io.c:183: process_responses: Assertion `!(req &&
> current_request && !(((long)
> (req->sequence) - (long) (current_request)) <= 0))' failed.
>
> Any ways to fix this problem? Thanks.

This isn't a known bug.  What OS are you on and what version of Wing are
you using?  Also,
what type of file system (local disk or remote disk) are the files on?

The file xcb_io.c seems to be part of Qt so the messages must be coming
from your debug
process or something like that (but they are not coming from Wing since
it isn't based on
Qt).  Is the debugger active when this occurs?

I am looking for clues as to why Wing would be exiting.  Submitting a
bug report from
Wing's Help menu and including the error log next time this happens may
show us something.