[wingide-users] Feature Request

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Feb 16 07:38:25 MST 2010

Linos wrote:
> Hello,
>     I would like to add a +1 to this feature request
> http://wingware.com/pipermail/wingide-users/2009-December/007263.html
> , i am evaluating wing just now, i have been using Eric ide until now
> and this is a really useful feature, this feature should can be turned
> off of course, in Eric you don't need to select the complete word, if
> you put the cursor in a word the visible instances of this word get
> highlighted.

Yes, this is probably our most requested feature now.

> Apart from this i think other Eric feature could be useful, when you
> press the shortcut for search (or search and replace or the same "in
> files" for that matter), the active word, the word where you have the
> cursor or the selected word if you have a selection active get
> automatically written in the search box lineedit.

The menu item Edit / Search and Replace / Search in Files or the key
binding listed there should do this w/ the "in files" tool and there are
search for selection items in the same sub-menu that should do it w/ the
Search tool.    The "mini-search" sub-menu in the Edit menu has similar
bindings for the mini-search tool.