[wingide-users] Re: Using stdin/stdout when debugging

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Feb 15 09:01:52 MST 2010

KDL wrote:
> I am teaching Computer Science and using Wing IDE 101. The external console
> is not available and I really need to be able to use the debugger with the
> students. I'm hoping for a fix to this as soon as possible.
>
> On Windows, when debugging, you need to press enter once before entering any
> data. Then enter your data and press enter anywhere from 2 to 6 more times
> to get the debugger to continue.
>
> On a Mac, you enter your data and must press enter twice to get the debugger
> to continue.
>
> Thanks in advance for fixing this. I know my students will appreciate it.

This has been fixed in our sources for Wing IDE version 3.2.5. We will
try to release that in about two weeks.  Unfortunately, PyCon is going
to delay this release by about a week. Otherwise, we would've tried to
release it this week.

Note that this problem should only appear with Python 3.x. Using Python
2.x would be a workaround, although I realize that could be confusing to
the students.

Thanks for reporting this,