[wingide-users] re-establishing Django/Wing debug connectivity

Chris Curvey chris at chriscurvey.com
Wed Feb 10 10:12:34 MST 2010

I'm using Django 1.2 alpha with Wing Pro 3.2.4-1 on Windows.   I use the
method of including wingdbstub in my views, and I start Django in another
window.  In general, life is good.

But sometimes, Django gets stuck and I have to stop it with Ctrl-Break.
 (Control-C won't do it.)  Then I restart Django, and hit my webpage again,
but when I do, Django is never making the connection back to Wing.  I can
tell because my breakpoints are ignored, and the debug toolbar doesn't
change (debug button is enabled, stop button is disabled).  The only way to
re-enable the communication is to stop both Django and Wing, then restart
both.

I don't recall this being a problem in the past.  Is there something I have
to do to get Django and Wing to talk again without a restart?

-Chris

--
The source of your stress might be a moron