[wingide-users] Dropped Feature: 2 types of comments support

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Mon Feb 8 09:59:22 MST 2010

On 2/8/2010 10:35 AM, Wingware Support wrote:
> Dennis Fogg wrote:
>> I just installed wing-personal 3.2.4 and found that this bug was not
>> fixed in 3.2.4.
>> I'm going back to 3.2.2 again.
>
> Sorry, I should have made this clearer in the change log. We decided to
> keep the menu item and key binding default functionality to be a toggle.
>
> However, you can easily override the key binding that you are using for
> commenting and un-commenting code. Use the commands comment-out-region
> and uncomment-out-region in the Keyboard/Custom Key Bindings preference.
>
> The change between 3.2.3 and 3.2.4 was restoring those two commands to
> their prior functionality, so that the option is there to use them as
> you want them to work.

I thought the OP was asking about the "double comment" thing that appeared
recently such that when you do comment-out region it hides it behind two '#'
symbols instead of just one. But the un-comment-out region only removes one of
them.

I thought a previous email had called this a bug that would be fixed soon. Did
I misunderstand?

I was hoping to see it revert to the previous behavior (i.e. only one # both ways).

Michael Hipp