[wingide-users] feature request: scan files in background

Phil Vandry vandry at TZoNE.ORG
Tue Dec 28 13:00:54 MST 2010

Most of the work I do with Wing involves writing code that runs on
remote servers. I do this by remotely mounting the filesystem that
contains the code on my desktop and working locally on my desktop.

Wing does a lot of reading files in the background in order to do its
static analysis and to watch files in the project for external changes.
If my Internet connection becomes briefly congested, these file accesses
start to take a long time and pretty soon the GUI stops responding.
Worse, the file accesses appear to get backlogged and make the
situation worse.

I think it would be really cool if Wing did its static analysis and
checked the project files for changes in a separate thread so that the
GUI wouldn't be affected by this.

-Phil