[wingide-users] Wing IDE 4.0 beta5 released: Adds Refactoring and Find-Uses

Ken Kinder kkinder at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 15:50:42 MST 2010

On 12/13/2010 03:47 PM, Wing IDE Support wrote:
> On 12/13/10 5:38 PM, Ken Kinder wrote:
>>> They can go away by selecting another tab to view.  I suppose they
>>> could be auto-hidden when closed with the X on the title, but I think
>>> it's just as easy to click on another tab.  They are related, but
>>> different enough to warrant their own panels and they will probably
>>> diverge over time (other refactoring operations may not be as reliant
>>> on points of use results).
>>
>> I'm actually finding that they do not go away as you move to a different
>> tab.
>
> Do you mean they're still displayed or that they're still there when
> you switch back to them?  The first would be a bug, but the second is
> how it's supposed to work.  I don't think there's much harm in keeping
> them around; there's some memory usage but I haven't seen that it's
> significant.

I mean the "uses" tab is still there when I'm not using it.

When I'm using WingIDE in laptop mode, I have limited screen space and
having millions of tabs available can be problematic, real estate-wise.
(In addition to being extra clutter)

If the tabs had icons instead of text, that would help a lot.