[wingide-users] Wing IDE 4.0 beta5 released: Adds Refactoring and Find-Uses

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Dec 13 13:21:44 MST 2010

On 12/13/10 3:07 PM, Ken Kinder wrote:
>>    * Python Refactoring: move symbol, rename symbol, extract
>> function/method
>>    * Find points of use for Python symbols
>
> One thought I have on them both is that neither of those panels contain
> anything when you're not using them. Is there a way they could go away,
> or could there be some grand unified interactive panel that has the
> results of "Uses" and "Refactoring"?

They can go away by selecting another tab to view.  I suppose they could
be auto-hidden when closed with the X on the title, but I think it's
just as easy to click on another tab.  They are related, but different
enough to warrant their own panels and they will probably diverge over
time (other refactoring operations may not be as reliant on points of
use results).

Cheers,