[wingide-users] Wing IDE 4.0 beta5 released: Adds Refactoring and Find-Uses

Ken Kinder kkinder at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 13:07:00 MST 2010

On 12/10/2010 11:05 AM, Wingware wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've just released Wing IDE version 4.0beta5.  Highlights of this
> release include:
>
>   * Python Refactoring: move symbol, rename symbol, extract
> function/method
>   * Find points of use for Python symbols

I can't wait to start using these. "Find uses" in particular, if it's
robust, will negate a lot of my use of Search In Files.

One thought I have on them both is that neither of those panels contain
anything when you're not using them. Is there a way they could go away,
or could there be some grand unified interactive panel that has the
results of "Uses" and "Refactoring"?

>   * Automatically highlight other occurrences of selected text in editor

Very nice. I see you also made it show occurrences of search terms for
inline searching. Very handy.