[wingide-users] Re: search in files ignoring comments

Russell Warren russ at perspexis.com
Thu Dec 9 12:38:37 MST 2010

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:00 PM, <wingide-users-request at wingware.com> wrote:

In 4.0beta5 there will be a new Uses tool for finding points of use of a
> source symbol that essentially does this, although I still think the feature
> could be used in the search tools as well.  We're trying to release this in
> the next few days but are still uncovering bugs we'ld like to fix first.

Awesome!  That will be a great feature.  I always liked the symbol finding
and call browsing features of Visual Studio and I'm happy to hear it is
getting into Wing in some form.

Here's hoping that that code feature is just one part of an overall
refactoring solution that will locate symbol usage in code, comments, etc...

Russ