[wingide-users] search in files ignoring comments

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Dec 7 08:07:58 MST 2010

On 12/6/10 10:17 PM, Mitchell L Model wrote:
> Here's a funky idea: I would love to be able to search in files while ignoring comments and/or strings -- in other words, I want to look for something in actual code, typically a method call, and I don't want to see my commented-out code, my comments about the method's use, method or class documentation, etc. Sometimes I want those, usually I don't. I'm sure that wouldn't be easy, but it might be worth thinking about.

Yes, this is on our list of things to add.  In 4.0beta5 there will be a
new Uses tool for finding points of use of a source symbol that
essentially does this, although I still think the feature could be used
in the search tools as well.  We're trying to release this in the next
few days but are still uncovering bugs we'ld like to fix first.