[wingide-users] Re: ImprtError

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Dec 6 07:15:59 MST 2010

On 12/6/10 9:08 AM, reda wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the help,
>
> i've tried to debug just this following instruction:
> import html2text
>   print html2text.__file__
>   print html2text.wrapwrite
>
> the instruction :
> print html2text.__file__ # works fine and results:
> C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Bureau\html2text.pyc
>
> but it still give error on:
>   print html2text.wrapwrite
>
> for your information the version of the python used with IDLE is the same
> with WingIDE (python 2.6)
>
> how can i add the path of the API in project properties.

In Project Properties in the Project menu in Wing, you can add items to
the Python Path property.  Then restart the debug process (and the
Python Shell if you are working in that; it can be restarted from its
Options menu).

My guess is that C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Bureau\html2text.pyc is
a copy of the module that omits wrapwrite and you actually want a
different one.

Or, try removing the *.pyc file in case it is corrupt.  It will be
regenerated by Python form the *.py file the next time you import it.

I just tried this with http://www.aaronsw.com/2002/html2text/ and it
works for me.