[wingide-users] Wing IDE 4.0 beta4 released

Wingware info at wingware.com
Tue Aug 31 08:55:20 MDT 2010

robert rottermann wrote:
> I understand that wing 4.0 is manly aimed to django users.
> does it make sense for the rest of us to test it?

That was true of the first few betas but is changing with each release.
The latest beta adds a diff/merge tool, which may be of more general
interest.  It supports diff of two files, two directories, buffer to
disk, or file/directory to repository for all six supported revision
control systems.  It's still under development but I've already found it
useful.

Also, there is special support for matplotlib in 4.0 to keep graphs
actively updating, some optimizations, updated french localization, and
various minor features.

For us, the more testers the better.  We've made some fairly large
changes internally to the source analysis engine so having more people
test those would be good.

We hope to add some other things in the next beta as well.