[wingide-users] use alternate python interpreter?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Aug 26 18:15:36 MDT 2010

Jordan O wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> As I know you can use different python executables to run your files,
> I got to wondering if I could execute my current script in another
> software.
> I'm writing python scripts for a software called "Nuke". If you run
> the nuke.exe with a -t flag, it will run a python interpreter via
> commandline. Or if you specify a python file after the -t flag, it'll
> execute that python script in the nuke environment.
>
> So can Wing use this as an external interpreter?
> When I set the executable file to "c:\Program
> Files\Nuke6.0v6\Nuke6.0.exe" it loses the syntax highlighting and
> won't run.
> If I add a -t like it needs to have. e.g. "c:\Program
> Files\Nuke6.0v6\Nuke6.0.exe -t", it just says "File not found in
> path".
>
> Is there a way to do this? or am I out to lunch?

If your goal is to debug scripts running in that environment, see the
following on how to debug embedded Python code:

http://wingware.com/doc/debug/debugging-externally-launched-code

You would still launch the debug process either outside of the IDE or
via the OS Commands tools (which is in Wing Pro only).