[wingide-users] Platform specific project settings?

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Aug 24 15:26:30 MDT 2010

On 8/24/10 5:16 PM, Russell Warren wrote:
> Since my .wpu vs .wpr question went so well...
>
> Is there any way to roll up some os-specific project settings?  Since
> the proj file seems to have eval'd python code in it I tried this:

We actually do not mean to allow if expressions, so this is a bug and
may disappear.  The files are designed to be a static text format with a
familiar syntax.

> If no canned way exists to do this, are there any tricks I could use to
> make platform dependent settings work?  The fact that the evaluated
> value is re-stored to the file on save hobbles this hack'ish route, but
> can I get access sys.platform in that file somehow?

You could go the route of generating the .wpr file.

> I'm sure this is also a rare request, but it could definitely be handy
> to have platform specific project settings.

Eventually, we may add platform specific layers to the project file so
there could be a [win32] section that overrode the generic settings.

Cheers,