[wingide-users] Moving project settings from .wpu to .wpr?

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Aug 24 09:27:56 MDT 2010

On 8/24/10 12:08 AM, Russell Warren wrote:
> I expect I know the answer to this, but is there any way to move
> particular project settings from the .wpu file to the .wpr file when
> using shared projects?  My specific driver at the moment is that I want
> the default python path to be set to a virtualenv path and want that to
> be sticky within the main .wpr file and not have to be set in each .wpu
> file.
>
> For example, I want:
>
> proj.pyexec = ".~/.virtualenvs/projectx/bin/python"
>
> but proj.pyexec is in the .wpu file in shared mode.

It is possible to set up projects that share more things by setting
proj.shared-attribute-names in the .wpr file w/ a text editor.

This would get you the same as the default:

proj.shared-attribute-names=['proj.shared-attribute-names',
'proj.directory-list', 'proj.file-list', 'proj.file-type',
'proj.main-file', 'testing.test-file-list',
'testing.auto-test-file-specs', 'testing.test-framework']

This would add in proj.pyexec:

proj.shared-attribute-names=['proj.shared-attribute-names',
'proj.directory-list', 'proj.file-list', 'proj.file-type',
'proj.main-file', 'testing.test-file-list',
'testing.auto-test-file-specs', 'testing.test-framework', 'proj.pyexec']

Others can be added as well, of course.

We may eventually expose some way of doing this from the GUI, although
it is relatively rare that someone asks for this.

Cheers,