[wingide-users] After I do a lot of F11 and then F6, it steps at the low level

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Aug 23 08:15:09 MDT 2010

On 8/21/10 10:42 AM, cool-RR wrote:
> Recently I've been using *Ctrl-Shift-F5* a lot to pause the debug
> process. Usually the line I pause on is in some low-level library used
> by my program. I press *F11* until I reach my actual project. Then I
> press *F6* to step, but it performs the step on the low-level library
> instead of my script! What am I doing wrong?

The debugger will step into, over, and out of code regardless of whether
it is in you project or not.  Often, I step through code that I didn't
write to try to understand or find (& fix) bugs in it.  In cases like
you describe, using step out repeatedly should bring you back to code
you recognize.

Cheers,