[wingide-users] More vi mode

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Fri Aug 20 11:37:07 MDT 2010

On 8/20/2010 10:49 AM, Wingware Support wrote:
> This is a side effect of the fact that in Wing you can put the cursor
> past where vi allows it. It seems to work correctly for me if I have the
> cursor on top of the ), which is the rightmost position vi would allow
> it while in browse mode, assuming no trailing spaces. We have some code
> that tries to keep the caret in valid positions but it's hard to do this
> correctly. I'll see if we can improve it, however, possibly just by
> preventing cw from consuming the line end.

I just got the latest patch and this is not what I'm seeing (fwiw, the patch
didn't change this particular behavior). Given these lines, put the cursor on
that final 'x'. hit cw.

             break  # done, get rid of the dialog box
         self.cancel_screen(scrn)

Here's what results:

             break  # done, get rid of the dialog bo.cancel_screen(scrn)

It gobbled the 'x', the newline, and the first word 'self' of the following
line. Not so good.

Thank you. I'm grateful for your responsiveness on these issues.

Michael