[wingide-users] Small nit with vi o

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Aug 19 13:49:05 MDT 2010

Michael Hipp wrote:
> When I type this and placed the cursor on that line:
>     if foo:
> When I hit 'o' it opens the line as expected but the cursor lands
> directly under the 'i' instead of indented. Does the same on a 'class'
> or 'def' line. I don't think it used to do this.

Yes, I believe the original bug report was that o and O didn't match
what vi does because we were auto-indenting rather than copying the
existing indent on the line you started on.  You can get the
auto-indentation (assuming default Tab Key Action preference) by
pressing Tab after 'o'.  It's possible this is an area where different
vi users will disagree on what we should be doing.