[wingide-users] Multiple monitors with Wing?

Max Landaeus max at landaeus.com
Tue Aug 17 20:19:29 MDT 2010

On 8/18/2010 1:56 AM, Michael Hipp wrote:
> On 8/17/2010 8:48 AM, Mike Driscoll wrote:
>> On 1:59 PM, Michael Hipp wrote:
>>> Anyone using multiple monitors with Wing? Does it work well?
>>>
>>> I thought I remembered some problems perhaps related to limitations in
>>> the Windows Gtk stuff or something. Or did I just dream that?
>>
>> The only issue I've run into is that I will sometime work on a project
>> at work where I have two monitors and then I'll open my project at home
>> where I have one. This causes Wing to open itself all squashed up on the
>> right side, usually in a long vertical rectangular shape.
>
> Thanks, I was wondering about this as I switch between my laptop and
> my desktop frequently.
Yes, I've seen this too. It's not a big deal since it is easy to resize
the window. It could be worse: I've had other applications that go
totally off-screen when you switch from 2 to 1 monitor and you have to
use <alt-space> + arrows to move it back where you can see it.

This is the only problem I've had with Wing and dual screens on Windows
XP and Vista.

Max