[wingide-users] autocompletion

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Aug 17 10:40:08 MDT 2010

Wingware Support wrote:
> cool-RR wrote:
>> When browsing the autocompletion options, one can use, in addition to
>> the up/down arrow keys, page-up and page-down. But when trying to use
>> Home or End, they don't browse the autocompletion options, but jump
>> to the start/end of the line.
>>
>> Is this intentional? I'd personally prefer to be able to use Home and
>> End to navigate the autocompletion options.
>
> It looks like it's just an oversight.  I've just changed this in our
> sources for Wing 3.2.10+.

In working with this I found it is a problem to make Home and End do
this.  I'm used to having those be a way to escape the auto-completer.
I'm not sure if others will run into this but I've revised the fix for
now to make start-of-document and end-of-document navigate within the
auto-completer as you describe (Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End and some other
keys according to keyboard personality) but not Home and End.

If we do make further changes here, I'd want it to be in a major
release.  I'm not entirely averse to relearning some key details myself
but others may be.  In any case this isn't a good thing to ask people to
do in a minor release!

And, no, I'd rather not add yet another obscure preference. ;-)