[wingide-users] Feature request: Allow integrated version control to launch external diff tool

Russell Warren russ at perspexis.com
Thu Aug 5 21:31:06 MDT 2010

Rather than looking at simple diff outputs in the version control toolbox
(svn for me), it would be much better if we could simply specify which diff
tool to launch instead.  I use and like the svn integration a lot, but
always end up jumping out of Wing to a svn client to do actual diffs (and
other actions, but diffs are by far the most frequent).

My preferred flow would be:

   1. View project status in toolbox
   2. Double click on file I see as different and have it launch my diff
   tool

Which means my 2nd feature request is to be able to change the default
double-click action from "goto source" to "diff".

For configuring the diff tool to Popen, a simple string would be great,
like:

/usr/bin/meld %1 %2
or
c:\Program Files\KDiff3\kdiff3.exe %base %mine --L1 Base --L2 Mine

Thanks,
Russ