[wingide-users] Including a library in your project?

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Aug 3 16:56:02 MDT 2010

On 03/08/2010 23:54, Michael Hipp wrote:
> Hello, just wondering what everyone considers "best practices"?
>
> I have library "projects" that my main project depends on. I spend a
> lot of time in both in Wing. What's the best way to manage this?
>
> 1) Include the far-flung library directory as part of the Wing project.
> 2) Make a symlink from the Wing project dir to the library dir.
> 3) Run multiple instances of Wing.
>
> I've been doing #3 but it's getting tedious flipping back and forth.
> Plus I can't see library code side-by-side with project code.

4) Create a virtualenv, install your dependencies into that and then
launch Wing *with* the virtualenv active (from the command line).

Does that do what you want? Typically you aren't editing your
dependencies at the *same time* as your project, right?

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog