[wingide-users] Question about autocompletion

cool-RR cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Mon Aug 2 15:46:10 MDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:42 PM, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com>wrote:

> cool-RR wrote:
>
>> In Wing's autocompletion, when you press Tab, it autocompletes the word
>> according to your selection from the list, even if there are multiple
>> possible completions that start with the string that you typed. Is there a
>> key that can be pressed that will autocomplete exactly to the character
>> before the first different character of the different options? The same way
>> that Tab behaves in the Linux shell.
>>

> There isn't a mode like that now but I've been wanting it also (although
> apparently not enough to have implemented it yet ;-).  For now I tend to use
> the arrow keys to get to the completion match that I want.
>
> --
>
> Stephan Deibel

Yeah, I use the arrow keys too, but it can get uncomfortable in some
namespaces.

This is something you can add as a command, right? I mean, without binding
any keys to it yet, so you wouldn't have to make the decision of which key
to bind, and people could bind by themselves to whichever key they like.

Ram.