[wingide-users] fixing shared perspectives file

Mitchell L Model MLMConsulting at Comcast.net
Thu Apr 29 08:38:49 MDT 2010

Apparently I've got my shared perspective file situation screwed up.
Whether I use "default" or set a file location, and whether the file
exists or is empty or contains

shared-perspectives = (1,
                        {})

all perspectives stay in my project whether I make them shared or not,
and each time I change whether one of them is shared I get an error
concerning a failure to write the perspectives file.

I tried moving the perspectives from my project file to my shared
perspectives file and restarting Wing, but then when I did "Manage
Perspectives" it popped up an error message about failing to do
something about setting up the perspectives menus.

The perspectives remain in my project file, so they are still there
and I can use them. What can I do to reset things so I can start using
shared perspectives?

I have a file "perspectives" that contains the shared-perspective
assignment shown above. I don't know where that came from -- is that
the default shared perspectives file? Wing complains that it can't
read or write that file. I do have write access.