[wingide-users] clicking left and right arrows to reach out-of-sight tab

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Apr 28 08:11:25 MDT 2010

On 4/27/10 10:27 PM, Mitchell L Model wrote:
> Maybe I am missing an option or gesture, but I find it very frustrating
> when I try to get to a tool or document tab that is out of sight to the
> right or left, since each arrow click simply moves to the next tab.
> Seems to me those arrows should always shift the tabs, since if I wanted
> to go to one of the visible tabs I could just click on it. Sometimes, it
> takes me 10 clicks to find the one I want.

This is inherited behavior from the gtk notebook widget; we plan to fix
it, but it's a bit of work to do so.  I find that ctrl-tab, open from
project, or one of the switch document commands are better ways to
switch between files when more that a few are open (I typically end up
with 30+ in a typical session).

We also plan to look at how navigation menus work.

Cheers,