[wingide-users] Wing on Mac OSX 10.6.3 - Copy/paste and other issues

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Apr 26 11:11:14 MDT 2010

Rob Voyer wrote:
> I have been using Wing on my MacBook for a couple of months, (recently updated to OSX 10.6.3) and have started to have some issues.
>
> For example, copying/pasting within Wing has been a nuisance.   I seem to have to type 'Command' then 'C' or 'V' slowly to make sure it takes.  Otherwise, it does weird things.
>
> Often I have to click multiple times on items to get the click to take.  For example trying to place the cursor in a particular spot.
>
> Sometimes my typing keeps overwriting a character and doesn't move forward to register all the characters I typed.
>
> I am assuming this is some sort of X11 issue, but am not sure what to do about it.
>
> I would appreciate some guidance.

Did you install XQuartz?  http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki

The X11 that ships with 10.6 is buggy (as with all OS X releases, only
more so in this case).  XQuartz
should be an improvement but may not fix everything.  Note that you need
to reinstall it after every
update so it's good to keep the download around after you install it.

Hope that helps.  Please let me know if not.