[wingide-users] Small suggestion

cool-RR cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Mon Apr 26 10:16:05 MDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 6:03 PM, Wing IDE Support <support at wingware.com>wrote:

> On 4/25/10 1:05 PM, cool-RR wrote:
>
>> It'll be nice if the "del" button would have some effect in the Project
>> tool. (Probably deleting a file.)
>>

> It's ambiguous whether it should delete the file or just remove it from the
> project and neither is something you do very often so I think it's ok for
> the del key not to be bound.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

This is low priority as well (As far as I'm concerned.)

By the way, thanks for your attention regarding all my suggestions/rants. I
understand that Wingware's plans for Wing are probably not identical to my
personal ideal for an IDE, so I understand completely if you see some of my
suggestions as going in a wrong, irrelevant, or low-priority direction.

Regarding the "del" thing, I personally almost never remove files from the
project. I often delete files though. I don't know what's it like for other
Wing users. Anyway, you can have a dialog that asks whether you want to
remove/delete, with an option to remember for next times. But it's
low-priority, yeah.

Ram.