[wingide-users] moving focus from editor to tool

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Apr 22 15:05:08 MDT 2010

On 4/22/10 4:53 PM, Mitchell L Model wrote:
>> Hmm, I don't think there's a command that currently does this and I'm
>> not sure Wing stores the visit order for all of the tools. Adding this
>> would be easy enough, though. I wonder if ctrl-tab (which traverses
>> documents in the visit order) might traverse both documents and tools
>> in the same window in visit order.
>
> Are you saying it might now or that you might be able to make it do so,
> because ctrl-tab only sees documents currently, not tools.

Sorry, I was thinking that it might in the future.

> It would be interesting to be able to bind keystrokes that meant things
> like "go to the Debug Probe tool in the current window" (assuming
> there's only one), "go to the Project tool in the current window", etc.
> Maybe that's an easy script?

The command is show-panel w/ a panel_type arg, so the command to display
the debug probe is show-panel(panel_type='debug-probe').  See
http://wingware.com/doc/commands/toplevel for more panel types.  It will
use the most recently visited in the current window if one exists, then
look for one in other windows, and finally create a new panel if none
exists.

Cheers,