[wingide-users] moving focus from editor to tool

Mitchell L Model MLMConsulting at Comcast.net
Thu Apr 22 14:53:40 MDT 2010

On Apr 22, 2010, at 4:30 PM, Wing IDE Support wrote:

> On 4/22/10 12:01 PM, Mitchell L Model wrote:
>> When I am in a tool -- Python interpreter, Debug Probe, etc. -- the
>> move-editor-focus command switches to the editor, which is fine. But
>> there doesn't seem to be any way of switching back to the tool I just
>> left.
>
> Hmm, I don't think there's a command that currently does this and
> I'm not sure Wing stores the visit order for all of the tools.
> Adding this would be easy enough, though.  I wonder if ctrl-tab
> (which traverses documents in the visit order) might traverse both
> documents and tools in the same window in visit order.

Are you saying it might now or that you might be able to make it do
so, because ctrl-tab only sees documents currently, not tools.

It would be interesting to be able to bind keystrokes that meant
things like "go to the Debug Probe tool in the current
window" (assuming there's only one), "go to the Project tool in the
current window", etc. Maybe that's an easy script?