[wingide-users] alt keystrokes, menus, and readline

Mitchell L Model MLMConsulting at Comcast.net
Wed Apr 21 14:06:19 MDT 2010

I'm on OS X. I never use keystrokes to drop down a menubar menu, only
shortcuts for menu actions themselves. I get tripped up by typing
option-something when it drops down a menu instead of doing what it
does in the rest of my environment -- in particular, of course, in
Emacs. Specifically, I want opt-p to be equivalent to uparrow in the
Python Shell, Debug Probe, etc.

Is there a way to turn off the shortcuts for the menus themselves,
either individually or globally? I would prefer the readline bindings
for the alt keystrokes.