[wingide-users] Pickling modules with `copy_reg`

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Apr 19 08:32:17 MDT 2010

cool-RR wrote:
> I figured out an hack:
>
> '''
> import __builtin__
> def __import__(*args, **kwargs):
>     return __builtin__.__import__(*args, **kwargs)
> '''
>
> Then I use this custom `__import__` in the reducer. It's an ugly hack,
> and only needed when debugging with Wing.

OK, glad you found a work-around.  I'm still not clear on why you would
be pickling up __import__.  I'd try to design the code so you're not
depending on pickling of code, but just data/objects and assume that the
subprocess is launched w/ the required code in place.  But maybe I'm
just a fuddy duddy. ;-)