[wingide-users] Re: WingIDE with Plone4 ... actually with Zope2.12

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Apr 15 11:56:40 MDT 2010

Encolpe Degoute wrote:
> SauZheR a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> configuring wing as usual, with a minor trick due to the missing
>> parts/instance/Products directory, i get the
>> "INFO: WingDBG Installed wing debug service in Control Panel" at
>> startup but there is no control panel section about it.
>>
>> Is there anyone that was able to make them works together?
>
> It's easy to convert WingDBG as egg but the real question is does
> wingware want a WingDBG on pypi ?

It would be fine to put it there in that WingDBG itself (the zope
support module) is open source.
The down side of this is that WingDBG changes sometimes and generally
should be matched to the
particular version of Wing being used.

We haven't yet had time to look at the issue w/ WingDBG and Plone4
(except to verifty that it
does not work).  Are you saying it's simply a packaging issue?

I can't post to the cc-ed newsgroup from here so note that this reply
will not appear there.