[wingide-users] "Insert-style" autocomplete

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Apr 8 18:26:53 MDT 2010

cool-RR wrote:
> There's something that I'd want in the autocomplete. Let's say I have
> a line that goes `wx.Color('red')`. I want to go there and change it
> to `wx.NamedColor('red')`. So I move the cursor to just before the
> "Color" part, and start typing "Na", and then I get the autocompletion
> to `NamedColor`. Problem is, if I select it it I will get
> `wx.NamedColorColor('red')`. It pushes forward the current name
> instead of replacing it.
>
> It would be nice if it could replace it.

You might want to try one of the other modes in the Editor /
Auto-completion / Completion
Mode preference.  I've been using Replace Only Matching Symbols.  It's
not perfect, and
indeed seems quite difficult to always guess correctly when something
should be replaced,
but it tends to work better than the plain Insert At Cursor mode.  It
does seem to cover the
above case correctly.