[wingide-users] Problems with unit testing

Jonathan March JDM at MarchRay.net
Sat Apr 3 07:39:53 MDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 8:14 AM, cool-RR <cool-rr at cool-rr.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Wing IDE Support <support at wingware.com>wrote:
>
>>  On 3/27/10 3:34 PM, cool-RR wrote:
>>

>>>  2. Sometimes the tests fail, and then I restart Wing and I run the tests
>>> again and they succeed.
>>>

>> Do they succeed when run again without restarting Wing?
>>

> No. It's like this: The tests succeed -> I edit my code -> the tests
> succeed -> I edit my code and make some mistake -> the tests fail, with
> relevant traceback -> I edit my code to fix things -> The tests show me the
> weird traceback -> The tests show me the weird traceback -> The tests show
> me the weird traceback -> I restart Wing -> The tests act normally, i.e.
> succeed if I fixed my code right or fail with the relevant traceback if I
> didn't.

I think that Wing does not always clear old tracebacks in the Exceptions
panel (I guess this is a feature?) Is it possible that when your subsequent
test run actually works (as evidenced in the Testing panel), then you are
just seeing the traceback from the previous failed test run? Try clearing it
manually before a test run (click on Options in the Exceptions panel) and
see whether it stays cleared.