[wingide-users] Clicking on a symbol does "Go to Defnition"

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Oct 27 08:26:21 MDT 2009

Lakshman Prasad wrote:
> I just upgraded to the yesterday's release and now, when I click on any
> symbol, it takes me to the Go-to-definition of it.
> I went thro' Preferences, if there was a setting, but couldn't find any.
> I also submitted a bug report from within the IDE. The "feature" if it
> is, is very annoying; I don't expect to go to the function definition,
> whenever I click on self, or to __builtin__.py when I click on any print
> statement. It is a bug and needs a fix.
> I am using the 32bit deb package on ubuntu jaunty. For now, I will have
> to downgrade to the earlier version, or is there a simple patch I can
> apply, or is there a setting I am missing?

This is a bug (certainly not a feature!), though oddly not one I've been
able to reproduce yet (either 32 or 64 bit Linux, various versions, w/
and w/o system GTK).  We've had several reports of this and I'm looking
into it now.

You may want to downgrade to Wing 3.2.1 until we fix it:

Thanks for reporting this,