[wingide-users] Clicking on a symbol does "Go to Defnition"

Lakshman Prasad scorpion032 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 04:12:36 MDT 2009

Hi,

I just upgraded to the yesterday's release and now, when I click on any
symbol, it takes me to the Go-to-definition of it.

I went thro' Preferences, if there was a setting, but couldn't find any.

I also submitted a bug report from within the IDE. The "feature" if it is,
is very annoying; I don't expect to go to the function definition, whenever
I click on self, or to __builtin__.py when I click on any print statement.
It is a bug and needs a fix.

I am using the 32bit deb package on ubuntu jaunty. For now, I will have to
downgrade to the earlier version, or is there a simple patch I can apply, or
is there a setting I am missing?

--
Regards,
Lakshman