[wingide-users] Re: Opening up files to be in the leftmost hierarchy tab instead of right

Marc A. Murison murison at alpheratz.net
Sat Oct 24 00:00:45 MDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 11:00, <wingide-users-request at wingware.com> wrote:

> BTW, one option in the editor is to hide the tabs (right click on them
> and Hide Notebook Tabs) and then use the popup menu to select files

This is what I do, and it is *much* more preferable than dealing with tabs.
Tabs are great for few enough items that you can see them all at once. Once
you have to start scrolling, however, tabs efficiency drops off a cliff and
it's time to use some other navigation scheme, such as the drop-down lists
or (if you have Wing Pro) the extremely useful Source Browser.

I wouldn't worry about coming up with an efficient many-files tab scheme
when there are structurally better alternatives already available.

--
Marc A. Murison
murison at alpheratz.net
http://murison.alpheratz.net/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
    Benjamin Franklin, An Historical Review of the Constitution and
    Government of Pennsylvania, 1759