[wingide-users] Wing auto-detect writable status of a file?

Eric Pavey warpcat at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 18:19:25 MDT 2009

I feel like I'm missing something in the prefs, and this behavior has been
on three different machines (two winXP, one Vista) with Wing:
I have a file that is read-only, I open it in wing.  I can't edit it.  So I
make it writable (managed through Perforce).  The only way (that I can so
far find) for Wing to recognize that its writable is to close the file and
re-open it.  If I do the opposite:  Start with it writable and then make it
read-only, this seems to confuse Wing:  I save, it doesn't error, but
nothing saves either (but it makes you think you saved ok).  The other
editors I use seem to auto-detect the file-writable status.
Any thoughts?
thanks