[wingide-users] Changing a Toolbox's Tab Order

Richard Hullinger rickhull at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 14 05:10:41 MDT 2009

I'm sorry if this issue has been addressed elsewhere - I've searched the archives every way I can think of and I've come up empty...

I'm a new Wing IDE user and so far I'm quite happy. The one thing that I wish I had control over is the ordering of the tabs in each of the toolbox windows. I can see how to add and remove tools, move tabs from one toolbox to another, etc. but I cannot figure out how to control the order of the tabs within a toolbox.

Specifically, it seems as if the IDE has a set tab ordering (alphabetical?) and now matter how you add or remove tabs, that ordering will be enforced. For the tools I use, I cannot find a way to move the tabs out of the order:
Call Stack | Debug IO | Exceptions | Messages | Project | Python Shell | Search | Stack Data

But I would like to group the tabs in a custom order. I'd like to have my "project related" tools are together and my debugging tools are together:
Search | Project | Python Shell | Debug IO | Messages | Call Stack | Stack Data | Exceptions

Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thanks.