[wingide-users] PEP8 and PyFlakes panels released

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Oct 12 05:46:36 MDT 2009

Stefan Tjarks wrote:
> G'day!
>
> I just uploaded two tool-bar-panel-scripts for code checking to
> bitbucket. Both are written against WingIDE Professional 3.2.1 on
> Linux. They will most likely only work on Linux though. Also both
> scripts are released under the same license (MIT) as the pylint panel
> from which they share their code base.
>

> *PEP8 Panel*
>
> Allows code checking against PEP8 Style Guide. You can find out more on
>
>     http://bitbucket.org/stj/pep8panel/wiki/Home
>

> *PyFlakes Panel*
>
> Helps to identifying common errors in your code quickly. You can find
> out more on
>
>     http://bitbucket.org/stj/pyflakespanel/wiki/Home

Hmm... after providing the correct location for the pyflakes command on
Mac OS X I can't get it to produce any output. Anyone got the pyflakes
panel working on a Mac?

On both Mac OS and Linux you could just use which to find the commands...

By the way, it would be nice if the panels became active when the
commands were executed.

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/