[wingide-users] Opening up files to be in the leftmost hierarchy tab instead of right

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Sun Oct 11 09:10:30 MDT 2009

Michael Foord wrote:
> Marcus.CM wrote:
>> I often find that when i open a file to work on in a project and then
>> i open another one to refer to, the previous ones is always
>> hidden from the list of tabs because all the latest files i open
>> always ended up on the rightmost. I think it would be more
>> intuitive that latest files opened to be added to the leftmost instead.
>
> I'd really like to be able to reorder tabs, but I strongly disagree that
> new tabs should be on the left. Adding new tabs to the right seems
> logical and intuitive. Just goes to show how little 'intuitive' really
> means.

Suggestions (and the occasional complaint) are pretty common here about tab
management. I wish we had options for:

- Tab ordering alphabetical/chronological?
- New tabs on left/right?
- Keep no more than X tabs open / keep only tabs open that fit on screen?

This is probably my biggest frustration with using wing - being able to find
my tabs.

Michael